Printing, Copying and Scanning
Printing to multifunction device — quick guide
- Buy printing credit at maksut.metropolia.fi
- Print a) From Metropolia's computer to one of theese printing queues:
Canon Print A4, Canon Print A3, Canon Color Print A4 tai Canon Color Print A3
b) or from any computer at print.metropolia.fi (only A4) -> Web print -> Submit a job -> Upload the document in PDF format.
- Login to the Canon multifuction device with your user ID or an RFID card.
- Select print jobs using the "Print Release" button.
Copying on a multifunction device — quick guide
Scanning on a multifunction device — quick guide
Scanning is free.
- Login to the Canon multifunction device with your user ID or an RFID card associated with your user ID
- Press the Scan button, choose function, make the settings and press Start.
- The device sends your scan job to your Metropolia email address or cloud drive.
Printing from USB flash drive
Printing from USB flash drive
- Insert USB storage drive into USB interface.
- Login to Canon MFP with your user ID or an RFID card associated with your user ID.
- On the PaperCut interface, press Access Device.
- From touch screen choose Access Stored Files button and choose Memory Media.
- Choose folder where the file is located and press OPEN or choose the file.
- Press Start.
- After printing, to remove the USB storage drive press the ⏏ symbol located on the right corner of screen.
USB flash drive File Format and Safe Removal
- USB flash drive is formatted as FAT.
- The file you are about to print is saved as PDF.
- Safe removal of USB flash drive is done by pressing the ⏏ symbol in touch screen.
For students printing and copying is fee-based. You must first add credit to your printing account. You can do this online at maksut.metropolia.fi.
Print through the PaperCut service
1. Print from a Metropolia workstation to a Canon named printer such as "Canon Print A4". Select a printer depending on whether you are printing black and white or color and whether the size is A4 or A3.
2. Log in on any Canon multifunction device with your Metropolia user ID. You can also associate e.g. an HSL travel card with your printing account to use the card for quick login.
3. Press the Print button on the printer and select the print jobs in the "Vapauta työt" / "Print Release" function.
1. Log in to a Canon multifunction printer with your Metropolia user ID. You can also associate e.g. an HSL travel card with your printing account to use the card for quick login.
2. Press the Copy button to copy.
All instructions on copying, scanning and printing
- Adding Credit
- Copy card activation
- Copy Fee Chart
- Credit Refund
- Credit transfer
- PaperCut - Check Printer Status and Print Job
- PaperCut - Client Software
- PaperCut - Confirm the Number of Pages to Print
- PaperCut - Monitor Your Usage
- PaperCut - Shared Account
- PaperCut Web Print
- Printing, copying and scanning in general
- Device Locations by Building
- Booklet Printing
- Cancel Current Job from Canon MFP
- Misprinted documents
- Mobility Print (Papercut Software) printing instructions
- Multifunction Device Paper Settings
- One-sided printing
- PDF print job errors
- Printing problems - FAQ
- Printing via bypass tray
- Print queues for multifunction devices
- Web Print
- Printing — Basics
- Quick Guide — Printing to a Multifunction Device
- Quick Guide — Copying on a Mulfifunction Device
- Quick Guide — Scanning on a Multifunction Device
- Quick guide — Printing from USB flash drive
- Print Monitoring
- Extend Timeout Period