PaperCut - Shared Account
What is it?
An account in the printing system to which e.g. a project's printing and copying costs can be charged to.
How do I get a shared account?
If you need a shared account for assistants, a student project, a workgroup etc., please make a service request at
The following information is needed:
- account name and the purpuse of the account
- account owner (main user)
- name of the division
- list of people who will have use permission
- list of people who will be reported to, and the reporting time period 1mo / 3mo
- invoice information for posting, cost pool
- name of bill acceptor
Things to note
If you are authorized to use one or more shared accounts, you computer must have PaperCut Client installed.
Otherwise you cannot print to a multifunction printer.
The system checks via the client software, whether the job is charged to your own account or a shared account.
If you computer does not have PaperCut Client, please make a service request here.