Wireless network metropolia-guest
The network is open for everyone affiliated with Metropolia as well as guests at Metropolia. The network can be accessed using Metropolia staff and student user accounts, as well as guest accounts.
All Metropolia public services and internet guest network services are available in the network. There is no access to Metropolia internal services from the guest network.
If you are a member of Metropolia staff, or a student or a member of a partner organization (having a partner account), we recommend that you use primarily eduroam network instead of guest network. You can joind Metropolia guest network using a guest account or an external user's account Metropolia-guest toimii myös vierailijatunnuksilla ja ulkopuolisten (external) tunnuksilla, joilla ei ole pääsyä eduroamiin. The latter two accounts do not have access to eduroam.
Joining the network
1. In your device, select the wireless network metropolia-guest.
2. Start a web browser.
3. Browse to any page that does not have certificate (no https) such as https://www.fi
4. You get a warning about a not secure connection. Bypass the warning. How to do this depends on the browser, e.g. Advanced > Allow.
5. Log in in your browser with your username and password.
Jos metropolia-guest ei toimi
If metropolia-guest is not working
If you cannot log in to metropolia-guest automatically, browse to http://www.fi or http://wlanauth.metropolia.fi. Log in with your username and password.
Device specific instructions
Did you encounter a problem?
- Restart your computer and the device where the issue is occurring. Try the function again.
- If the function you are attempting is happening in a web browser, try the function again in an incognito or private window and in a different browser.
- Try searching for a solution on the site of the IT Services by using the following search methods: