Members of the Metropolia staff can create user accounts for guest lecturers and other visitors. Also partner organizations’ staff can create guest's accounts. Logging in to Metropolia computers is possible with a guest's account.
Be aware that you cannot use your guest account to access Metropolia intranet or online tools, such as OMA, Moodle or WiKi, or netdrives. A guest account only allows you to login to Metropolia workstations, access the internet, and use metropolia-guest WiFi.
The aim is to simplify the creation of user accounts in cases where the user is not a member of the Metropolia staff, a student at Metropolia or a long standing partner. The maximum validity period of a guest's account is one week. If a user account is needed for a longer period of time an external user’s user account or a user account at a partner may be an appropriate alternative. In all other cases user accounts are requested as before, i.e. by giving the required information to Helpdesk.
A guest’s user account can also be used in a case where the student has not activated his or her user account before the beginning of studies. A member of the Metropolia staff can create a guest’s user account for the student so that he or she is able to activate his or her own account.
Instructions for creating guest's accounts
1. Log in to Metropolia user management at https://amme.metropolia.fi
2. Select *Guest’s account creation*.
3. For a guest’s account the following information is needed:
- Number of user accounts needed. At one time 1-50 accounts can be created. The default is 1.
- Name of event, that the user accounts are needed for.
- Validity start date
- The number or days the account is needed after the start date. Maximum one week after the start date.
- To print an account slip in English, check the box Account slip in English.
Complete by clicking on the Create accounts button.
4. Five user accounts will be printed on one slip. For each account the following is printed:
- Name of the account
- Responsible person (name + title)
- Expiration date (if same as the current date, the account is valid that day)