Microsoft Office 365 Education
Purpose of use
- Office 365 Education is an office suite developed by Microsoft for educational institutes.
- The following applications of the package are used in Metropolia:
Purpose of the application
|Info page||Cloud storage|
|Office Online||Cloud version of the Office package|
|Word Online||Info page||Word processing|
|Excel Online||Info page||Spreadsheet|
|Flow||Info page||Workflow/automation service|
|Teams||Info page||Group chat|
|Sway||Info page||Richer presentations|
|Info page||Note-taking application|
|Onenote Class Notebook||Info page||Learning platform|
Publishing and online collaboration
|Skype for Business||Info page||Video conference|
|Feeds||Info page||News feed|
|Video||Info page||Video publishing|
|Stream||Info page||Video publishing|
|Yammer||Info page||Social network|
|Power BI||Info page||Business intelligence|
|Powerapps||Info page||Creating custom applications|
- The office suite is available to Metropolia students and staff members. Documents can be shared to other users as well.
- Installation: follow the guides on the right side of the page.
- Metropolia students and staff members sign in with their Metropolia accounts at https://login.microsoftonline.com. Enter your user account in this form: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password is the same as your Metropolia account password.
What to do when having problems
- Make a service request in Helpdesk if you have issues with Office 365 in Education.
Literature and guides
- Microsoft Office 365 Education (official)
- Office blogs (official)
- Office for iPad guide (official)
- Training Center (official)
- Office 365 on Wikipedia (2018)
Contents of the page last checked: 1/2019
How to deploy Office 365 Education in Metropolia
Guides of applications
Check out the Applications table on this page ("Info page").
Good to know
Answers to frequently asked questions (coming soon).