IT Services' activities
Mission and Strategy
The IT Services unit is in charge of acquiring, operating, maintaining and developing the information technology hardware, systems and applications that are used in the university's instruction and administration.
The IT Services unit supports the strategic and operational management of the university and takes part in the development of the core processes of the university in collaboration with the owners of these processes, by acquiring and developing IT systems which support these core processes.
Our business goals are
- The ICT environment is of high-quality, stable and from the usability perspective the best ICT environment in applied sciences in.
- Information management is an integral part of Metropolia's strategic and operational management and it is led by Metropolia's Management group
- Information and communication technology will support and strengthen Metropolia's core processes, especially the teaching and learning processes, as well as the cooperation of Metropolia's degree programmes in teaching, learning and in research and development
- Activity is overall economic, so that it allows for good (measured) customer satisfaction but is also cost effective (with regard to hardware, license and maintenance costs).
- In comparision with other national universities, a skilled, multilingual and learning staff that can cooperate with domestic as well as foreign universities, companies and communities.
The internal customers of the IT Services unit are Metropolia's students and staff. The external customers of the IT Services unit are Metropolia's partners.
- Created by Kati Kesälahti, last modified by Unknown User (tuomor) on 20.2.2018