I reviewed the new articles created during the modern physics course and they all looked good! Some notes to all:
- Please use the paragraph and headings formatting every where in your article. Use the special font effects carefully.
- Check the scaling of the images. Now some images are rather large if used in original size. You can do that by clicking the image in editing mode and the image toolbar is opened below the image.
- Check the rights for the photographs and more complex drawings. Remember to attribute the original creator and the source.
- Add a Table of contents to longer articles. You can add that from toolbar (+Insert -> Table of Contents).
- Use formatting in references. For example, for wikipedia pages, you can create automatically a formatted reference by selecting Cite this Page from the toolbar on the left. For example, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:CiteThisPage&page=Transistor&id=662566175
- Copy the title to the page name. Then you can remove it from your text.
I hope that by following these instructions, our shared wiki is getting more valuable.
Duration: 9 weeks (basic parts. Extended parts could take several more weeks)
Topic: a Physics Simulator as a Web Application (App)
Targets: practicing running a project as planned in advance and trying programming an online app
Requirements: being not too colourful, on time,...
Demonstrating several phenomena to adviser
Simulating 2 to 4 phenomena
Modifying or adding functions and simulations…
Adding, removing, modifying…completing
10 - 16.3: demonstrating about 2 phenomena, showing them to instructor and receiving his comments, advices, etc.
17 - 23.3: designing the app interface
24.3 - 6.4: adding more simulations, around 4 more
7 - 20.4: modifying or adding functions and simulations, if needed
21.4 - 11.5: adding, removing or modifying functions, simulations, interface... and then finishing the project
10.20 - 11.00:
12.20 - 13.20:
On 11-03-2013, 17.00-19.00: reading GlowScript materials
13.45 - 13.55: reviewing HTML
From the last 2 Wednesday, around 15 mins spent! Encountering API error.
18.35 - 19.35: changing from Firefox to Chrome. Problem solved. Read info in Help and try running 2 sample programs.