Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
VOIMAA project finds new flexible ways for immigrants' entry to higher education studies as well as career development.
VOIMAA project operates in the field of migration, education and working life in Southern Finland.
VOIMAA has three goals:
Finding new tools for immigrants who are applying to higher education studies. VOIMAA gathers teams of experts, teachers and personnel of polytechnics and universities of applied sciences.
Planning and piloting courses for immigrant employees in working life. The aim is to find new ways to boost career development. These personnel developement courses will be planned together with employers.
Completing a survey for employers of Helsinki Metropolitan Area, concerning immigrant employees and recruiting.
- VOIMAA project uses tools and applications of social media for development work as well as project planning and coordinating. These tools are such as this wiki and blogs.
VOIMAA has already:
- Published a book "Maahanmuuttajat ja ammatillisen osaamisen moninaisuus" in Finnish (includes 2 articles in English), on 21st September 2010. Read the online version (PDF format).
- Started four pre-university level study groups both in Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences and HAMK. These studies are coaching migrants in Finland before applying and entering the Universities of Applied Sciences. The pilot groups' studies continue until spring 2011. More detailed results will be published and analysed later.
- Organised several collaborative projects with working life and these results are to be analysed in near future.
- Made an enquiery for employers in Southern Finland region concerning their future possibilities to recruit immigrants.
More information of migrants in Finland (statistics) and about VOIMAA project
Links to other pages, publications and networks discussing similar themes as VOIMAA
VOIMAA project welcomes people to get involved!
For further questions, please contact VOIMAA Communication Officer Milla Laasonen, email: milla.laasonen (at) metropolia.fi
VOIMAA project is funded by the Centre for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment and European Social Fund. The project lasts for three years (2008-2011).
You must log in to comment.