Android - Metropolia Exchange services
This tutorial is to show you how to get Metropolia Exchange services on your phone.
This tutorial is done by Android 6.0.1 and it might differ from some other versions and manufacturers.
Please note that the use of Outlook Application for Android with Metropolia Exchange has been blocked due to the application's security problems.
- Make your way into settings(from quick settings)
- To accounts
- Add account
- Exchange(It might be called Email on some devices)
- Type in your email address and press Manual setup(pressing next does no good, you will end up doing it manually)
- Select Exchange
- Type in your password and press next
- Change Username to format pk.amk.root/yourMetropoliausername and server to sync.metropolia.fi
- There are some security features that the Exchange server requires
- If everything is fine, you will see this page where you can select what you want to sync with your device. You may change them as you wish.
- These are the security features required, look into them. (for some reason I got this page in this order)
- Name your email the way you wish.
- It might take couple of minutes to sync your emails.
Feel free to comment and give suggestions to make this page better.
Examples are made with Motorola Nexus 6 running android 6.0.1 with some customizations.