User account is locked
User account is locked
If your user account is locked, it may have expired and you have received the following e-mail message:
"Your user account <cn> is expired <end-date>. Your account is available for two weeks after that and then it's going to be locked.
If your employment, studies or other status at Metropolia continues and your account should not be locked, see instructions for extending the validity period.
What to do if your employment, study or other role at Metropolia continues and the account should not be locked:
- Metropolia staff contact Personnel Administration (the personnel secretary of the unit) via their superior. The account will be unlocked automatically when the new contract becomes active.
- Metropolia students contact Student Services to check registration status. When the student is registered, the account will be unlocked automatically.
- Partner organisations' staff contact their own contact person
- Partner organisations' students contact their own contact person
- External users contact their own contact person.
- If the user account of an external user is locked before the need for the user account ends (e.g. due to a project's prolonging), only the Metropolia contact person (not the user) can ask Helpdesk to extend the expiration of the user account. The external user of the account must contact the contact person. Normally the owner of the user account is the person from whom the user received the account activation paper.
If your user account is locked and you have not yet had time to make backups of your data, you can always request Helpdesk to extend the expiration of your user account by two weeks regardless of the type of user account.
If your employment, studies or partnership is ending, but you continue the use of a Metropolia system in a project, the supervisor of the project can request a partnership role for the user account. Instructions for making the service request can be found at Other Partner Organisations
In matters concerning the lockout of a user account, the procedure is primarily as explained above. However, you can always contact Helpdesk when having user account problems.
Other help and information about user accounts you can find here.