Game sound design for all!
On Tuesday 9.10.2018 from 13:00 to 16:00, the CRGP groups are welcome the Stadin AO auditorium (Muotoilijankatu 3) for an exciting afternoon on the topic of sound, music and game creation. This presentation is for all participants of the CRGP, with content aimed for both sound creators as well as for all other game makers.
Star presentation/ lecture by mr. Joonas Turner and Q&A
Group discussion and Q&A about game sound and game music by Joonas Turner, Ilmari Hakkola, Niilo Takalainen and Mikko Saarinen. Hosted by Mikko Raita & Mikko Sallinen from the Stadin AO faculty.
- The work of a sound designer, and working with a sound designer
- Sound in game design
- Audio branding
- Audio in character design
- The role of music in games and particulars about creating music for games
- Mobile vs PC/consoles and sound
- Working as a freelancer vs in a larger company
- If interested in creating game sound, what should one focus on in their studies?
Sound designer and composer Ilmari Hakkola, 15 years in the gaming industry and 6 years as Head of Audio at Rovio. Currently freelance and building the gaming company 4Good Games as well as the sound company Tonally.
Sound designer and composer Niilo Takalainen from E-studio, worked on games such as Noita,Broforce, Tormentor X Punisher, Environmental Station Alpha and Badland 2.
Sound designer and composer Mikko Gee Saarinen from Next Games, currently working on a Blade Runner mobile game, also worked on The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land.